Find here a growing list of resources for neurodivergent people and the intersection with gender and/or sexuality diversity.
NOTE: Aucademy does not necessarily endorse all of these resources, so please be critical and cautious, particularly when engaging with groups online.
- Davidson, J., & Tamas, S. (2016). Autism and the ghost of gender. Emotion, Space and Society, 19, 59-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.emospa.2015.09.009
- Kourti, M., & MacLeod, A. (2019). “I Don’t Feel Like a Gender, I Feel Like Myself”: Autistic Individuals Raised as Girls Exploring Gender Identity. Autism in Adulthood, 1(1), 52-59. https://doi.org/10.1089/aut.2018.0001
- Walsh, R. J., Krabbendam, L., Dewinter, J., & Begeer, S. (2018). Brief Report: Gender Identity Differences in Autistic Adults: Associations with Perceptual and Socio-cognitive Profiles. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 48, 4070-4078. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10803-018-3702-y
LGBTQIA+ AUTISTIC GROUPS:
- Aucademy LGBTQIA+ https://www.facebook.com/groups/184158193599537/
- Queerly Autistic: Ultimate guide for LGBTQIA+ Teens: Erin Ekins educates Chloe & David https://youtu.be/iZPZejagJv8
- Autism and gender – with Yenn Purkis: https://youtu.be/F8JZoeD1_aU
- Neuroqueer Life: Nick Walker on Aucademy educating with Chloe https://bit.ly/3lTC1lW
- Four Autistic AFAB women’s journey’s https://youtu.be/IJi9nO7bQZk
- “female autism” with Chloe on the Nurturing Autism page https://fb.watch/60t2GBbnMU/
- Goodall, E. (2016). The autism spectrum guide to sexuality and relationships: Understand yourself and make choices that are right for you. Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Ekins, E., (2021). Queerly Autistic: The Ultimate Guide For LGBTQIA+ Teens On The Spectrum
- Purkis, Y., & Lawson, W. (2021). The Autistic Trans Guide to Life
- Steward, R., (2019) . The Autism Friendly Guide to Periods
- Kourti, M. (2021). Working with Autistic Transgender and Non-Binary people: Research, Practice and Experience – with a book review by Katie Munday of Autistic and Living the Dream.
- Munday, K. (Oct, 2021). Teenage, Queer and Autistic: Living in Two Closets
MASKING AND DEGENDERED CHECKLIST: